Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nothing.

On occasion I try to purify my mind with masochism. People ask, "Why do you keep putting your hand in the fire?" Because it feels so good when I stop. We all do it from time to time. Bloodlust takes over and we swing wildly in attempt to grasp bits of glass. The more we know the more we crush ourselves. Beat the information into our skulls until we bleed and lay hopeless in the midday sun. Eventually we heal and start the process all over again. Humans are gluttons for pain and self abuse.

The night sky has a way of pacifying even the largest of egos. We are nothing but particles of sand in an infinite desert.  I am neither rare nor memorable. I am not an anomaly. How I so desire to be an exception to the rule! In a sea of beautiful women I want to be the one you see when you close your eyes. I need to resonate in your mind after a hundred years. The sensible, logical part of me realizes the fallacy and my happiness is spent. The truth cuts deep and takes no prisoners.

No comments: