Thursday, December 9, 2010

My friend the double-edged sword.

Extend your hand and let me drop a nugget of wisdom into your cup. If someone offends you there is nothing you can do to change that. You cannot change a person; if you believe you can you are naive and are doing yourself a disservice. After we reach a certain point in our lives we become impermeable to change. We are impossible to move. We are all stone fortresses that you may reach only if we allow you to cross over.

Your complete and utter ignorance disgusts me. Your stupidity makes the bile rise and bubble over. My intelligence is insulted when you open your mouth. For this I will speak slowly and treat you as if you have severe brain damage. No offense, right? Your eyes are glazed over so I’m assuming I’ve made no foul. I will hold your hand and treat you as a pet regardless. You will be one very simple companion to lead along the long path ahead.

The long nights and years spent wasted on someone incapable of change was all consuming. As if it was a personal project and goal of mine to warp an already formed body into what I wanted. Now it is just a notch on my belt of wisdom. Wasted time and energy I could have put into something else. Not you, no. You have found me and I will be your lucky charm. I will tell you how the world works. I will pull the veil away so you can see its true form.

Look deep into my eyes and never forget what I say. Run. Break away and run as if your hair was on fire. The longer you stay the faster the lines will start to blur. You will begin to believe the lies and the problems will seem muted. Wonderfully constructed fabrications they will be. Yes, but I am authentic! My tongue is coated in silver and is sharp as a tack. You have no choice but to believe me.

This monster will make your blood scream. It will keep taking from you, and never give anything back. You will be left with an empty cavern that could once be called a body. The vultures will not circle and no one will recognize you. I will not be there waiting to pick up your carcass.

No comments: